Daily Detox

“THE PEROSN WHO DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES IS UNLIKELY TO MAKE ANYTHING." --Paul Arden, It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want to Be.
"Benjamin Franklin said 'I haven't failed, I've had 10,000 ideas that didn't work.' Thomas Edison said, 'Of the 200 light bulbs that didn't work, every failure told me something that I was able to incorporate into the next attempt.'

Theatre director Joan Littlewood said 'If we don't get lost, we'll never find a new route.' All of them understood that failures and false starts are a precondition of success. At the last company I worked for you would not be fired for being wrong, but you would be fired for not having intiative. It had a positive attitude to mistakes. It was a great company. Failure was a major contributor to its success.
So what did you learn from your latest mistake?

(from the book INHGYAIHGYWTB)


 You like this post? Subscribe here for more goodness.

Labels: ,

7 Responses to “Daily Detox”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I noticed that you rarely quote the Bible on your blog, but you have no problem quoting books that came straight from the self improvement aisle. How can someone who calls himself a pastor have such little regard for the scriptures?  

  2. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    Thanks for your comment. I guess perception is everything here. I do quote the scriptures here... and if you look back at one of my most recent posts you'll see I linked to a devotion (based from the scriptures) that inspired me. I wish you really knew me, then you'd know that I have great regard for the scriptures. I do appreciate your observation though... and am glad to know that something keeps bringing you back. :-)  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Terrace Crawford loves the Bible.  

  4. # Blogger Scott Magdalein

    Terrace Crawford should be a Gideon.  

  5. # Blogger Miss Mandy

    You're so PC. Good reply to Mr. Anonymous.

    I tried to twitter this, but it's not working. Arghhh...  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Mr. Anonymous.... First of All this is not the Bible Blog... Second, I, we, everyone can find inspiration ANYWHERE! There is an Eminem song that I listened to that was so disturbing on suicide. I have no idea what that is like for someone but it has helped me approach that situation with GOD's Eyes. C'mon does it get much worse than Eminem?!? God still used that song to work in my heart in a mighty way.  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    How come nobody comes to the rescue on MY blog??!

    Ben (aka: Mr. Anonymous)  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com