Should Youth Groups Play Halo?


Ouch. Have you read the New York Times article entitled "Thou Shalt Not Kill, Except in a Popular Video Game at Church?"

Colorado(Photo: Kevin Moloney, NYT)

This article is very thought provoking. I've chewed on this quite a bit myself for a while already considering our student ministry just opened a recreational room in our church - complete with a Nintendo Wii. I'm still processing. . .

I thought Tim Schmoyer offered some good thoughts in his latest blog entry.

Read the New York Times Article here. Read Tim's Blog here.

Labels: , ,

1 Responses to “Should Youth Groups Play Halo?”

  1. # Blogger Tim Liu

    I had the same response - "Ouch". It sucks to get called out by the New York Times of all things. We don't allow Halo at church functions, but we play alot in informal get togethers and sleepovers and that type of thing. So that is better, but then seems kind of hypocritical. Like its ok to do something that's wrong, just don't do it in church. This is a tough discussion, much like the secular vs. christian music discussions back in the day, but seems even more complex because it is more than just listening to a song, it is devoting hours to playing and enjoying an interactive game. Looking forward to the coming discussion on this.

    here's another good article I read recently about church and culture - "Why I Don't Live in the Bunker"  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com