Pop Goes The Church: My Review




I have had the incredible privilege of reviewing the manuscript for Pop Goes The Church by Tim Stevens.

Overall Verdict: EXCELLENT read.

Review of the book:
I was incredibly excited when I heard about the book that Tim was writing. As a Minister to Students, I am one of many in the field who has to wrestle with pop culture because of who I am reaching. For many years now I've wrestled with the idea of embracing pop culture because I feared a loss of personal holiness and have been skeptical of the approach period. Through this read I am completely convinced that we MUST leverage pop culture if we want to reach people.

I have been reading the book unChristian simultaneously with this manuscript and let me tell you, it has been INCREDIBLE. Pop Goes The Church is like the antidote for the problems presented in unChristian and, although not a cure-all, many of the problems we are seeing in the church at large today!

Tim Stevens has presented a very well-researched, logical, solid, life-changing manuscript here and it has literally shaken me. I laughed, I cried, I got mad... sometimes at the same time (!) during this read.

This is a book that will be very controversial in its nature because there are many extreme fundamentalists and conservatives who won't budge... but truth be told, they MUST wrestle with this IF they want to reach people.

I have no doubt I will be talking about this book, recommending it to leaders everywhere and purchasing copy after copy for friends for years to come.

Thank you, Tim, for the experience and for helping mentor ME (and JOE!) through this book.

Tim Stevens is the executive pastor at Granger Community Church and author of the soon-to-be-released-book Pop Goes The Church. You can find more about him on his blog at LeadingSmart.com.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Responses to “Pop Goes The Church: My Review”

  1. # Blogger Unknown
  2. # Blogger AB78
  3. # Blogger 56

    0824jejeAir Jordan 13 Homme Les maisons chaussure homme nike tn régénératrices innées du sérum limitent la destruction en raison du développement de blessure et de cicatrice chaussures nike flyknit lunar 1 en reconstituant une matrice saine et en régulant des fonctions de air jordan femme a talon métalloprotéinase. Il n'y a pas de doute; La Tour Eiffel asics running femme go sport arrive en tête de toutes les listes touristiques de Paris. Tout adidas zx flux noir et rose solde le monde veut mettre ce chapeau sur la tête et être cool comme Raylan Givens.
     

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com