1 Comments Published by Terrace Crawford on 4/29/11 at 4:37 AM.
The life of ministry is always challenging. Sometimes we get stuck in the land between.
- Jeff Manion wrote the book "The Land Between"
- Challenges and periods of chaos I call "seasons of the land between"
- Exodus 3:8 ("out of" and "into" - nothing was said about the desert, the in between)
- God has a deep affection for you but may not prevent you from going through the desert
- God may always be faithful to rescue you from the desert but He may not rescue you in the desert
- Water crisis: water was contaminated and undrinkable (Ex 15)
- Food crisis (Ex 16)
- Another water crisis? (Ex 17)
- Some of us are sick of our situation in the land between
- The land between is fertile ground for transformational growth. It is also where faith goes to die.
- Even when you are stuck its your move.
- God wants to know if we will trust Him.
- God attempts to transform us from "the people of slavery" to "the people of God." From desert to plenty.
- The cliche "Time heals all wounds" is not true!
- Their are choices made in the land between that will effect us for the rest of our lives.
- I don't have to invite complaints to show up.
- Complaints move in... and resist eviction.
- Trust must replace complaints.
- Complaints and trust are incompatible roommates.
- May you discover that He is at His best when life is at its worst.
This post contains my notes from the general session at the Orange Conference.