Daily Detox

“Wanting things, whether we get them or not, is something with which we are all extremely familiar. Sometimes we want stuff, sometimes money, sometimes something harder to find and define like glamour, charisma, or popularity. Our culture has cut its teeth on consumerism. Everywhere we turn, people are talking about possessions. It is fashionable to talk about wanting 'a simple life,' but talk is cheap. In fact, most of us are extremely covetous." --Ed Young Jr. (First and 10)

So what is it that has its grip on you?



 You like this post? Subscribe here for more goodness.

Labels:

3 Responses to “Daily Detox”

  1. # Blogger Nic Burleson

    This is good stuff...I wish I had read it earlier today because it would have fit great into my message with my students tonight! I found this blog through my friend's Zak White...Great stuff...Keep it coming.  

  2. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    Thanks Nic. Ed churns out great stuff. I was actually teaching out of "First and 10" so I decided to quote him.

    Glad you found the blog. Zak's a good guy.  

  3. # Blogger Unknown
Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com