January 19, 1981

Do you know what happened on January 19, 1981? You probably don't have a clue. It's an important date in history though. On January 19, 1981 my uncle (who was actually one of my former pastors) began following Christ. Larry McAlister will let you know to this day that January 19th means a whole lot more to him than April 07th, the day he was originally born.

Spiritual birthdays should never be forgotten. I think they cause for celebration even though I don't recall my spiritual birthdate. I say "birthdate" because I will NEVER soon forget that day. The moment of the day you genuinely accept Christ is transformational. You are never the same. Your second birthday. Your spiritual birthday. It's worth celebrating year after year.

I phoned my uncle moments ago to tell him "Happy Birthday." So, do you celebrate your spiritual birthday or remember that day? I'd love to hear your story.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Responses to “January 19, 1981”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    good thoughts man. These are the milestones in our lives that we really do need to celebrate.

    June 12, 1997 for me. Spiritual Birthday.
    October 4, 1997 was when my call to ministry was reaffirmed by God after walking away from it for years prior.  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com