Teach Me Your Will.



Psalm 143:1-12 -- LORD, hear my prayer. In Your faithfulness listen to my plea,
and in Your righteousness answer me. 2 Do not bring Your servant into judgment, for no one alive is righteous in Your sight. 3 For the enemy has pursued me,
crushing me to the ground, making me live in darkness like those long dead. 4 My spirit is weak within me; my heart is overcome with dismay. 5 I remember the days of old;I meditate on all You have done; I reflect on the work of Your hands. 6 I spread out my hands to You; I am like parched land before You. Selah. 7 Answer me quickly, LORD; my spirit fails. Don't hide Your face from me, or I will be like those
going down to the Pit. 8 Let me experience Your faithful love in the morning,
for I trust in You. Reveal to me the way I should go, because I long for You.
9 Rescue me from my enemies, LORD; I come to You for protection. 10 Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. May Your gracious Spirit lead me on level ground.
11 Because of Your name, Yahweh, let me live. In Your righteousness deliver me from trouble, 12 and in Your faithful love destroy my enemies. Wipe out all those who attack me, for I am Your servant.


A few months ago I went hiking on the Blue Ridge Parkway with a friend who is an incredible guide. We were headed to a specific campsite he had set up a head of time and we were hiking late at night, with no flashlight. About a mile into the three mile stretch it began to rain. My trail guide blazed ahead while I began to creep. Soon my friend had left me and I began to panic. I called his name constantly but there was no response. I soon quickened my pace but eventually thought I had wandered off the path. My guide soon responded and I was back on track and finished the hike.

Sometimes life gets very tough and we grow tired and weary. The Psalmist David seems to be experiencing a very difficult time in his life. He may seem like he has no direction, he is tired and very thirsty for God’s response. David; however, trusts in the Lord and seeks God’s will for his life.

Do you ever experience this in your life?

The hike I told you about was difficult for me. I was tired and became very frustrated and frightened because I thought I lost my guide and the circumstances (ie: darkness, no flashlight, an unfamiliar trail, rain) seemed overwhelming to me.

God is the best guide we could ever have. He knows what is best for us and will show us the way to go if we trust in Him. The best thing of all is that we will receive God’s unfailing love in what may seem like the most unbearable, uncertain times.

Teach Me Your Will is a devotional piece I have recently written for publication. Additional devotionals may be shared here periodically for the purposes of encouragement. Enjoy!
(c) 2007 by Terrace Crawford. Request permission from the author for reprint or use.

Labels:

1 Responses to “Teach Me Your Will.”

  1. # Blogger sandy


    نستخدم افضل ادوات تنظيف و غسيل الخزانات لاننا افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة و عمال مروبون وحاصلون على شهادة صحية فقط اتصل بنا لتحصل على افضل خدمة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة

    __
     

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com