It's Half Time...



I was trying to recall the Super Bowl Entertainment history tonight with a friend and could not remember anything beyond last year. Well, except for that Janet Jackson boob accident in 2003... but we won't go there.

I remembered a performance by Sting (Love him!). One by Shania (Ok, ok). And, of course, U2 (Wow!). But what year? Then I found the entertainment history chronicled here.

This year Jordan Sparks (American Idol) performs the National Anthem, Ryan Seacrest is scheduled to host the pregame and the half time show features Bon Jovi, Tom Petty, The Eagles and Bruce Springsteen. That's a pretty good line-up. What do you think? Who would you like to have seen?

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Responses to “It's Half Time...”

  1. # Blogger Bill A

    I'm pretty happy with that line up. Although, I like it better when only one person plays/sings at halftime. I don't like it when they rush performers on and off the stage trying to cram as much in as they can.

    It's obvious the NFL is still concerned with family safe (which isn't all bad). That's a fairly safe lineup they've picked.  

  2. # Blogger Corey Mann

    I think one of the smartest things we did at GCC was bring in a band for our halftime. Using those 30 minutes for even more impact. So last year, FIREFLIGHT gave a blistering 30 minute set, (Yeah, I said blistering) and this year CASTING PEARLS is scheduled.
    Now, if you are sitting and watch it at home, (like I get to), I will be using the restroom. Not a huge Tom Petty fan.  

  3. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    @ Bill - Yea, variety is good... but I agree with you - its pretty face paced. Then again, sometimes that is good.
    --
    @ Corey - Live entertainment is a cool idea. Blistering... lol. What a funny comment. I liked TP back in the day but I'm over his stuff.  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com