"Mosquito" Teen Repeller?

"The Mosquito" by inventor Howard Stapleton, is a new device that has been designed to repel teenagers! The invention is basically a box with a small loudspeaker attached. It emits a very high pitched sound and is now being mounted over entrances to stores and other businesses throughout the world in hopes of "repelling trouble."

The sound is designed to work for a simple reason: most people over 30 can't hear it, most people under 20 can, and can't stand it. "It's relatively small; it's very annoying. That sounds like a mosquito to me," Stapleton says, in explaining why he named it "The Mosquito."

I checked an mp3 of the sound here and could not hear it. Frustrating (LoL!). I'm 30 and can't hear it!

Several stores experimented with the product over an eight week period and reported that they had a lot less youngsters loitering in the parking lots. Is this really the answer though? Sorry Stapleton, while you are quite the inventor I don't think this is the answer to our problems.

More on this story...
  • Officials in Britian are now calling for a ban of the invention.
  • Teens turn the tables and create ADULT PROOF ringtone!
  • BBC Press:The sound that repels troublemakers.

     You like this post? Subscribe here for more goodness.

    Labels: , , , ,

  • 9 Responses to “"Mosquito" Teen Repeller?”

    1. # Anonymous Anonymous

      I could totally hear it. It was annoying!  

    2. # Blogger Miss Mandy

      All of a sudden I feel old. I couldn't hear it either.  

    3. # Anonymous Anonymous

      I'm 43 and I CAN hear it...
      and I carry the cash.
      :o)  

    4. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

      Beth - Wish I could hear it! You youngin'!
      --
      @ MCC - No worries Mandy. We're in this together.
      --
      @ Joy - WHAT?! You can?! No offense. I'm trying this again!  

    5. # Anonymous Anonymous

      what the crap? I can't hear anything but those dang kids that I wish I had a way to chase off...  

    6. # Blogger Miss Mandy

      I tried again...no luck. But, my 4 year old claimed to hear it.  

    7. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

      I heard it that time! It was faint, but annoying.  

    8. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

      @ Terrace - See, you are NOT old!  

    9. # Anonymous Anonymous

      ok at first i couldnt hear it so i turned the volume all the way up... bingo... that is some painful stuff.  

    Post a Comment


     Subscribe to RSS
    Add to Technorati Favorites


    Categories




    My Next Stops...








         Subscribe to my RSS Feed


        Powered by Blogger



        © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com