Scientific Study: Double Dipping is Gross.



The study was conducted by Prof. Paul L. Dawson, a food microbiologist, who decided to experiment with "double dipping" after watching a Seinfeld re-run in which a character named "Timmy" objects to George's dubious dipping habits.

His conclusion:
"There were six test dips: sterile water with three different degrees of acidity, a commercial salsa, a cheese dip and chocolate syrup.

On average, the students found that three to six double dips transferred about 10,000bacteria from the eater's mouth to the remaining dip.
"
Word-o-Advice, get your own salsa. Truth be told, I hate sharing because I love double-dippin! :-)

(ht to NYT)

 You like this post? Subscribe here for more goodness.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Responses to “Scientific Study: Double Dipping is Gross.”

  1. # Blogger tonymyles

    When dipping in community salsa I spin my chip around to the side I haven't eaten if I really need to get my double-dip fix on.

    I call this practicing "safe Mex."  

  2. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    I do that when I'm forced to share.  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com