Mr. Networker

I am a bit of a networker. Actually, you could probably call me "Mr. Networker." Networking is something that I've learned to do naturally. People have commented on it. Some even claim its my spiritual gift.

When I'm in a room filled with people I like to mingle. I typically want to know everybody... and sometimes everybody knows me. I don't know claim to know everyone. I tease Jay Hardwick (church planter) since we've become friends about how he is the guy who knows everybody. I've also come to know Brad Lomenick (from Catalyst) through Whiteboard. I'm told he is a Master Networker. After speaking with him, I could affirm that.

Yesterday I was in a board meeting. I serve on the board of directors for an incredible recovery ministry in our area that is growing at an incredible rate of speed. I looked around the room and I was literally humbled as I realized that I was sitting next to some of the most powerful people in our area. Nearly 90% of them worth millions and mega-millions of dollars. They own corporations, buy and sell businesses and homes daily, have stocks that are valued at more than my life (just kidding), etc. I thought to myself "how the heck am I sitting here with these individuals?" I then realized that this happens often for me. I somehow get connected with innovative minds, the movers & shakers and become friends with them. I don't get linked up with them for selfish gain. It just seems to happen naturally. I could see myself in a dream job one day where this will be part of my role - making connections (networking).

Additionally, I think this is one reason why blogging has become such a favorite of mine. It has literally fueled my fire for networking and making connections around the world. Some people will blog and keep their websites for a season. I'm here for the long-haul.

Speaking of networking, yesterday Kent Shaffer introduced a new community online where people are getting connected... and networking. It's called "ROOV." I just checked it out and signed up right away. You can look for me there.


ROOV.com - Get your ROOV on!

 Subscribe here to the RSS Feed.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Responses to “Mr. Networker”

  1. # Blogger Micah Davis

    Terrace...thanks for comments regarding ROOV! And yes, I will re-affirm that Brad is the master networker...ha!  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com