The Band I Never Booked

Several years ago I was the director of para-church ministry in South Carolina called The Lighthouse. We saw thousands of teenagers come through our doors in the five years I was with their ministry.

One of the highlights for me was signing the contract for bands to come play live at our center. I recall one particular day when I got a call from this band named "Need to Breathe," from Seneca, South Carolina who heard about our ministry and wanted to play for us.

I turned them down. I think it was because of our busy schedule at the time... but I did turn them down. Since then they have been signed to a mainstream recording label, are rockstars for Jesus and have a song ("Washed by the Water") that is resonating with people everywhere -- rising to the top of the charts.

Congratulations guys. I highly respect your work... your faith in Christ and I sincerely regret the day I turned you down.



For more on this incredible band, click here.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Responses to “The Band I Never Booked”

  1. # Blogger Brad Ruggles

    Dude, that sucks!! It would have been awesome to have seen them before they were big.

    I did the same thing with David Crowder before he was well-known. He kept BEGGING me to let him play but I thought he looked funny with that chin hair. :-)

    (jk of course)  

  2. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    It does sucketh. I totally dig them. Been following them ever since.  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com