Sleepless in Norfolk...

As I currently write this I'm smack dab in the middle of a missions project I'm coordinating, with approximately 400 participants in the Norfolk, VA area. It's very late (1.54am, EST) and I'm waiting on two different participants to return from the hospital (yes, they are going to be okay -- mainly just checking them as a precaution).

I've gotten approximately 3-5 hours sleep per night on this project. It seems to compare with others as there is so much coordination. My staff just went to bed 30 minutes ago. They have worked tirelessly. Fortunately I got a 2.5 hour nap this afternoon to help me with my late-night watch.

Last night was pretty funny as the speaker I invited to share in our services this week came to the room last night (as we are sharing sleeping quarters together) after I had just laid down. There is a huge whiteboard in our room and I noticed that he entered the room, picked up a marker and began to write on the board. I didn't query what he was thinking but instead was excited about knowing that just a few hours later I'd get up to start my day and see some really profound thoughts that he had written before me.

This morning I woke up and found the following on the board:

Five Indications Your Church is Redneck:
  • There is a two drink limit at communion.
  • The church van has gun racks.
  • Communion has a cover charge.
  • Organist only knows "Stairway to Heaven."
  • It's Bro. Jeff Gordon to you!

    Not quite what I was expecting but funny.
    Its been a good week... and I'm expecting the next two (last) days of the project to be good ones.

     Subscribe here to the RSS Feed.

    Labels: , , ,

  • 1 Responses to “Sleepless in Norfolk...”

    1. # Blogger dearabby

      Hanging there... If a butterfly can cause a tsunami, what can 400volunteers in Norfolkl do?  

    Post a Comment


     Subscribe to RSS
    Add to Technorati Favorites


    Categories




    My Next Stops...








         Subscribe to my RSS Feed


        Powered by Blogger



        © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com