Manic Monday Minute is a serious mind-dump that will probably take you one minute to read. Here are some thoughts going through my head right now...
This is the Manic Monday Minute...
- Enjoyed a nice weekend - including a half-day of solitude (which I don't get very often).
- We were preparing for Earl. Remember him?
- I went out and bought my milk, eggs and bread. Why do people do that? I've always joked that people want to make french toast when a hurricane is on the way... =)
- ... and so I did.
- Weather turned out to be beautiful! With ZERO precipitation.
- Unfortunately I had lots of Labor on Labor Day. =( It sort of makes sense to "labor" ON Labor Day, no?
- Our family has been celebrating the end of my mother's cancer treatments. However, mom has been battling an infection over the last week. Please pray with us for healing.
- My nearest Outback steakhouse caught on fire and closed (temporarily). =( Good thing there are a few other locations within driving distance.
- Don't miss the Manic Monday Minute. Get the feed [here].
- Thank God for Skype.
- If you are a youth worker, please chime in here...
- Giving away 2 TICKETS to Catalyst One Day here tomorrow. Don't miss out!
- More info on Catalyst One Day [here]
- Someone told me about the book "the Energy Bus" the other day.
- Within minutes another person gave me a copy of the book. Shazzzzam!
- Can't wait to read it.
- AG Leaders are mourning the death of a pastor who helped plant over 1,000 churches. That's 1,000. Wow. Trying to wrap my mind around that.
- Very cool new project from Shaun King and celebrity Eva Longoria.
- I asked several students this weekend what was on their bucket list? the responses were very interesting... from "skydiving" to "i want to lead a country."
- Have you ever unFriended someone on Facebook? Sometimes I want to. #justsayin
- My friend, Tony Nolan, has a new book that released this past week. [check it out]
- I'm amazed at all the leaders who are night-owls (or maybe workaholics). I'm up emailing, chatting, etc. with some of them several nights a week.
- the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is back @ Starbucks. Hands down one of the best drinks you'll ever have there.
- Facebook getting a stalker button?
- Praying for students, faculty & staffers as they begin a new school year tomorrow.
- Got lots of work to do. Many miles to go before I sleep... I say, many miles to go...
- Thanks for spending a hot minute with me.
Labels: Manic Monday Minute