7 Ways to Show Value to Others

My friend, Doug Fields, shared a post recently about how to make people you lead or those who work for you feel valued. I could not agree more with his thoughts on the subject.

Doug stated...

"It's been my belief that most people don't leave ministries, they leave leaders. Typically, they leave leaders who don't express value."

I cannot tell you how important this is. Even though I'd consider myself highly relational, I still try to work hard to express value to those around me. And I'd be lying if I told you that I didn't think I have had leaders leave our ministry because they didn't feel valued.

Doug shared
7 specific ways you can value others in your ministry in his post. I'll share a couple here and you can go check out the full post on his blog for the rest:

1. Genuinely care for more than what they can offer you and\or your organization - Many leaders view people as assets. They relate to people in terms of "what they can do for me." While it may be natural and typical for an employee\employer relationship, it's not beneficial. Value is communicated when you genuinely care for people as human beings and not human doings (and what they can do for you to help you build your kingdom).

3. Affirm, affirm, affirm - This should go without saying, and unfortunately, many times it does. I know leaders will say, "He knows he's important to me." Really? When was the last time you told him? It ought to be often! This is such a basic principle that it's almost embarassing to write, but I find it so rare in leaders that it's worth mentioning and repeating.

Labels: , , ,

1 Responses to “7 Ways to Show Value to Others”

  1. # Blogger Rob

    Those are great. It's hard to remember when you are the leader. It's easy to crave when you are not.  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com