Manic Monday Minute

Manic Monday Minute is a serious mind-dump that will probably take you one minute to read. Here are some thoughts going through my head right now...



  • Its the Manic Monday Minute - Birthday edition.
  • Whew -- What a day!
  • I was on the road all day from South Carolina. Great weekend.
  • Speaking of South Carolina, three people in just the last week alone have asked if the state has connections or fascinations with Islam because of our state flag symbols. Short answer is "no." Go here for the history.
  • My phone blew up all day long with constant text messages and phone calls.
  • One thing is for sure: I am so fortunate to know so many people.
  • I literally spent time thanking God today for blessing me with so many friends.
  • I was inundated today with facebook wall posts.
  • ... and laughed out loud when one person wrote: "Oh the redundancy of Birthday wishes. Happy Arbor Day!"
  • I appreciated every note or tweet but those who took the time to write a few lines as opposed to a quick "Happy Birthday" meant much.
  • Missed my students on Sunday. I hope they missed me.
  • Burdened for a friend who is having marital problems.
  • Had dinner with friends tonight at Chilis. Always enjoy that.
  • This story broke today... which was not big news to me. My mother and aunt both work for the company and their jobs were on the line. Today was 'verdict day'. We praise God that my mother's job is secure and trust God after hearing my aunt's job was cut.
  • I'm still disgusted over the tragedy at Walmart over the weekend. We are in a sad spot in our society.
  • Spent some time in Barnes tonight. I couldn't believe I walked out of the store empty-handed!
  • Bookstores use to be a real weakness of mine. I could drop $50 just walking in one.
  • Have you told me who YOU are?
  • Saw the cover of People Magazine moments ago. I cannot believe its been 10 years since Michael J Fox announced he had Parkinson's Disease. Wow.
  • Looking forward to spending the day in the sticks of North Carolina tomorrow.
  • Headed there to see a Christmas show.
  • Thanks for being such dedicated and attentive readers. Last week I just briefly mentioned here how losing weight would prob end up on my New Year's goals in 2009. I got emails from Weight Watchers fans asking me to join them. We'll see. I don't like all the calorie countin biz that goes on. Call me lazy if you want. ;=)
  • Perhaps I'll join Jenny. I'll never forget last time I needed health insurance and called a well known insurance provider. The rep said "Go join Jenny Craig - lose 13 pounds and then come back to us." Wha?! I was a bit speechless that was said to me.
  • Needless to say I got health insurance elsewhere.
  • Busy rest of the week. Hope you have a good one.


  • The 50,000 Pairs in 50 Days Challenge

    Labels:

    8 Responses to “Manic Monday Minute”

    1. # Blogger Step

      I thought you were gonna say, "needless to say I lost 13 pounds". Maybe my obvious conclusion of the problem isn't the same as yours. :D

      Poor rep was probably trying to save you some serious coin.  

    2. # Anonymous Anonymous

      "I appreciated every note or tweet but those who took the time to write a few lines as opposed to a quick "Happy Birthday" meant much"

      I think this is ridiculous. You should be grateful that people even said Happy Birthday at all. But instead, you flip it around and insult anyone who you felt didn't say 'enough' to please you. I think you need to start analyzing your priorities and what you find important in life. Are you here to get the praises of man, or are you here to praise THE MAN?  

    3. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

      @Step - Ha.
      --
      @Mr or Mrs Annonymous - Would you please contact me by email? I would love to spend some time with you because its obvious to me that you don't really know who I am by your statement.

      And for the record, no, I'm not here to get the praises of man. I did appreciate every comment and note [as my post mentioned] but some of the emails and posts I received (that were more than the normal "Happy Birthday") did mean a lot to me. There is nothing selfish about my statement... and God knows my intent when writing it. I also think if the tables were turned you'd agree with me.  

    4. # Anonymous Anonymous

      Whether it's WW or Jenny or (from the book) Spirit Led Eating, you are in good company! Check this out: http://mercyme.org/blog/2008/12/01/casting-pounds/  

    5. # Anonymous Anonymous

      By the way, I can see why anon. would make that comment, but it's all in semantics/structure. Your heart was pure, man!

      (Oh. Seriously. If you are going to criticize, at least have the courage to use your id)  

    6. # Blogger Unknown

      Terrace,
      Thanks for the stop on my blog, hope to hear some comments on my new ones :). I agree with radiogal to anon. He's been ripping you up for a long time...God knows your heart bro. PLUS anon. if you are truly trying to help a brother, tell him who you are and talk to him, don't be splatting that stuff on his page, that's just uncool  

    7. # Blogger THE(lovely)RESA

      I didn't even say Happy Birfday to ya, and you're stupid.

      oh wait. i'm not under the anonymous name anymore....

      i meannnnn, happy v-day!!!  

    8. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

      @Radiogal - Yea, in hindsight I probably should have worded things differently but sheesh... I thought it was pretty clear I appreciated every comment.

      Regardless, thanks for your two cents.

      --
      @Marv - Amen.
      --
      @Theresa - Thanks!  

    Post a Comment


     Subscribe to RSS
    Add to Technorati Favorites


    Categories




    My Next Stops...








         Subscribe to my RSS Feed


        Powered by Blogger



        © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com