15 Signs a Church is in Trouble

Perry Noble has a great post today titled "15 Signs a Church is in Trouble." I can't help but agree with his list. I'll include a few highlights and you can click [here] to read the rest.

#1 – When excuses are made about the way things are instead of embracing a willingness to roll up the sleeves and fix the problem.

#2 – When the church becomes content with merely receiving people that come rather than actually going out and finding them…in other words, they lose their passion for evangelism!

#6 – The leaders within the church cease to be coachable.

#10 – The people in the church lose sight of the next generation and refuse to fund ministry simply because they don’t understand “those young people.”

#11 – The goal of the church is to simply maintain the way things are…to NOT rock the boat and/or upset anyone…especially the big givers!

#12 – The church is no longer willing to take steps of faith because “there is just too much to lose.”

#15 – When the leaders/staff refuse to go the extra mile in leading and serving because of how “inconvenient” doing so would be.

Labels: , , ,

4 Responses to “15 Signs a Church is in Trouble”

  1. # Blogger JamesRock7

    oooOOHH

    amazing!!

    I've already translated the document from Perry Noble's blog and published in mine, giving the credit to both of you, of course.

    Would you mind giving me permission to continue translating some of your posts for sharing it with my friends?

    Ah. I've to tell you something else. In my church, and with the youth community, we implemented your idea posted in 5 Ways to Encourage Your Pastor, and we (almost) celebrated during all october the "Pastor Ricky's Month", and it wan an absolute sucess!! So, I thank you again for this, and for adding me in Facebook, because I've started lo learn a lot of very useful stuff about ministry.

    May God bless you!!

    Jaime.  

  2. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    @James - thanks so much for sharing bro. I appreciate your kind words. Also glad things went well for your pastor's appreciation events.

    Yes, feel free to share anything on the blog. Just ask that you give credit.

    //TC//  

  3. # Blogger JamesRock7

    :D

    He was really happy last sunday, like I've never seen him.

    hahah

    We collapsed his agenda with dinner dates!! hahaha

    Anyway, he was very glad for this, but we must play a lot of soccer and tennis to lose all the food eaten!!

    And thanks again for your posts, because they help me a lot.

    Blessings!!  

  4. # Blogger JamesRock7

    And, we finished the appreciation time with a bag full of letter specially dedicated for him from the youth people.

    Maybe this could be useful for you.

    Blessings!!  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com