Are You a Fan?

Recently I created a Fan Page on Facebook. I did this for a number of reasons. A number of people are doing this... especially those reaching 5,000 friends on their Facebook page. While I don't have 5,000 friends on Facebook I find a few more uses of the fan page over a profile or group. Here is a little comparison I worked up between a fan page and a group:


Key FeaturesFacebook Fan PageFacebook Group
Ugly URLsNoYes
Hosting a discussionYesYes
Discussion wall & forumYesYes
Extra apps & featuresYesNo
Messaging all membersYes Yes
Visitor stats and metricsYes ("page insights")No
Video & photo public exchangeYesYes
Related event creationYesNo
Promotion with adsYes (never tried it)No


Pages are generally better for a long-term relationships with your fans, readers or customers. This is the number one reason I created my fan page. People may "friend request" you through your profile page at the mere suggestion by a friend but when they "become a fan" they are taking special interest in what you offer or who you are. Through my fan page I'll be doing something I enjoy -- resourcing and sharing with leaders.

Groups, on the other hand, are generally better for hosting a (quick) active discussion and attracting quick attention. If you'd like to become a fan, click [here]

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Are You a Fan?”

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com