Charlie Beat Me...

Charlie beat me to the punch. Before I could get anything on my site about Haiti this young boy has already raised a fortune! Charlie Simpson, a 7-year-old kid from London, saw the graphic images from Haiti on his television and told his mom he had to do something about it. So he did. He told his mom he could ride his bike & raise money. She soon launched a giving page online for him and he wrote this little message to donors:
"My name is Charlie Simpson. I want to do a sponsored bike ride for Haiti because there was a big earthquake and loads of people have lost their lives. I want to make money to buy food, water and tents for everyone in Haiti. I'm going to cycle around South Park as many times as possible (at least 10 laps I hope!) Please can you sponsor me and all your money will go to UNICEF who are collecting for Haiti."

Just last night I was speaking to a group of students. Part of my message was that they have been fed a lie that they are too young to make a difference. This story is proof that they are not.
Charlie's site has raised over $160,000 so far! You can add to that by giving on Charlie's site [here] or feel free to give through World Vision or the Red Cross, two great organizations doing incredible work on the ground right now in Haiti.

Labels: , , ,

6 Responses to “Charlie Beat Me...”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Have you read "Do Hard Things" by Alex and Brett Harris? It's the perfect resource when trying to remind our teens that you are never too young to make a difference.  

  2. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    Why yes, Mr. Annonymous, I have. =) It's a good read... and our ministry has shared this with students.

    //TC//  

  3. # Blogger Unknown
  4. # Blogger 6565
  5. # Blogger AB78
  6. # Blogger 56

    0728jejeAir Jordan 13 Homme Les maisons chaussure homme nike tn régénératrices innées du sérum limitent la destruction en raison du développement de blessure et de cicatrice chaussures nike flyknit lunar 1 en reconstituant une matrice saine et en régulant des fonctions de air jordan femme a talon métalloprotéinase. Il n'y a pas de doute; La Tour Eiffel asics running femme go sport arrive en tête de toutes les listes touristiques de Paris. Tout adidas zx flux noir et rose solde le monde veut mettre ce chapeau sur la tête et être cool comme Raylan Givens.
     

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com