Miracles in 2009

One of my greatest fears has always been that I'll miss a miracle of God. That is probably why this post really jacked me up a few months ago. My friend Ben wrote on "Miracles that Fall Below Expectation." He shared how many of us miss the miracle like good ole' Naaman when he was told by Elisha that he needed to take about seven dips in the Jordan before he'd be cured of leprosy.
"Go, wash yourself seven times in the Jordan, and your flesh will be restored and you will be cleansed." But Naaman went away angry and said, "I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the Lord his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy." 2 Kings 5
Did you check his response? Anger towards the Lord.

I spent 2009 praying for more miracles than ever. Miracles for my family, church, friends and, of course, myself. Here's a run-down...

My family: My stepfather was laid off by GM, my sister experienced a personal relationship crisis and my mother was diagnosed with cancer. Fortunately, my stepfather is able to care for my mother during her time of need, my sister has experienced incredible spiritual renewal and my mother has learned she is quite the trooper!

My church: I was hired by the ministry last January and we've experienced incredible feats this year but due to the economic downturn we're having to consider major cutbacks and may face a possible layoff in the new year.

My friends: I have several friends who experienced marital failure, others who lost their jobs, and a few who left the ministry. Faith has proven strong in a few of these cases, while others seem to be experiencing a constant struggle.

Yours truly: My car was sidelined this summer and I've felt the economic crunch too. Thankfully, I have some dear friends who loaned me a car and I've been able to make a little extra cash on the side.

Through all of these situations I think I've walked away learning to depend & trust in my creator more. That is a miracle in itself. I just hope through every situation... every miracle I pray for... that I don't miss the opportunity to see God at work or the chance to celebrate what He has done. Because, as Ben says, "it's still a miracle even if you are up to your neck in water."

Labels: , , ,

0 Responses to “Miracles in 2009”

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com