What voices are you listening to?
- We have many voices that we listen to... complainers, angry parents, disgruntled pastors...who are you listening to?
- We need to hear the voice of Jesus
- There is something powerful about having a rare voice speak into your life.
- It is difficult to find the "helpful" voice in the midst of the "common" voice.
- I believe that youth workers are becoming puppets orchestrated by common voices instead of being led by the rare voice of Jesus.
- I believe there are 4 things teenagers are looking for...
- Teenagers are looking for relationships
- Teenagers are looking to be amazed
- We cannot compete with culture.
- We try to make Jesus amazing. He doesn't need our help. Jesus IS amazing!
- People were amazed when they got around Jesus. Let students stumble on to this amazing Jesus.
- Teenagers are looking to do something radical
- Teenagers are looking for healing for their hurts
- Youth Ministry is about calling students to commit to a body
- Jesus is not a long distance savior. He is the Jesus who said "let the children come unto me."
- Jesus is R.A.R.E: relationships, amazing, radical, empathy
- Jesus has a transformational voice. I don't want you to miss it.
This post contains my notes from the general session at the Simply Youth Ministry Conference.