Let the Scriptures Speak!



Last evening Shane Claiborne brought a most unique message to the convention.

It was most unique because he just read the scriptures. After he was introduced he approached the platform, did a fire-breathing trick and a back flip (I'm already impressed) and then read three chapters from the book of Matthew. Actually, the greatest sermon of Jesus Christ captured in Matthew chapters 5-7. After he finished reading the scriptures he said "this was the greatest sermon ever preached" and said a prayer over us and he left the stage.

The reaction from the crowd was mixed. Many have been very positive (based on blogs I've read, people I've spoken with) but others are hacked off or were disappointed. Hacked off? Why are people upset?! Yes, I was disappointed as well because I had hyped myself to hear "what Shane had to say" but literally I heard "what Christ had to say!" Claiborne let the scriptures speak. When is the last time you've seen or heard this done? I don't know that I ever have.

Shane, even though I was disappointed I didn't get to hear you... I'm sure glad you delivered what you did. It was refreshing.

Click here to listen in on the podcast live from the NYWC!

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Let the Scriptures Speak!”

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com