World Aids Day - December 1, 2007



Saturday, December 1st is World Aids Day.

There are over 42 million people with HIV | AIDS around the world. Over 25 million in Africa alone.

Today, like everyday, 6,000 children will lose a parent to AIDS.

Currently, for every person who successfully gets into a treatment program, six people aquire HIV.


Twenty years ago, a summit of health ministers realized that a united global effort was required to halt the spread of HIV and AIDS. As a result, World AIDS Day emerged as the first international health day in December 1988. The aim of World AIDS Day is to bring to people's attention the worldwide challenges and consequences of the epidemic-ultimately, preventing the spread of HIV and improving the lives of people living with the virus. Each year the campaign is an opportunity for organizations throughout the world to highlight the HIV pandemic in order to raise awareness and bring about change.



What can you do? This is an important question.

I have been asking myself "What can I do?" I feel part of my call is to raise awareness, mobilize others to give and pray.

Many people have asked me what I want for my birthday. World Aids Day is the same day as my birthday, December 1. If you feel so inclined to give me a monetary gift, why not consider donating to World Relief in my behalf? Celebrate life by giving life.


World Relief is a great organization, created by the National Association of Evangelicals, who work with and for the church worldwide to relieve human suffering, poverty and hunger in the name of Jesus Christ.
To learn more about World Relief, click here. To give a donation to fight AIDS, among other human suffering, click here.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “World Aids Day - December 1, 2007”

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com