Thirty. 30. Three-Zero.



People have been asking how my 30th birthday went. Sorry it took so long for me to blog about it. In an earlier post I mentioned that December seems to be one straight party for me. Its kinda nice, actually, but very busy.

The anticipation of my 30th was unparallel to any other birthday I've had. It was a mixed bag for me. I was excited but at the same time I was not looking forward to the new decade.

Especially after words from those who had gone before me... One lady in my church (near 80 years young), whom I respect highly, said "Oh... its your 30th? You know, that was the only year I ever had trouble with. The others have been a breeze!"

Thats positive, encouraging K-Love right there.

So Friday came. The day before my birthday. I had plans to eat with my pastor and his wife that evening. We were on the way to 'the restaurant' when a phone call came to the pastor's wife and soon we were headed by the church to handle some unexpected chaos. When I arrived I was greeted by nearly 200 guests surprising me with a party. The most surprising thing (and best gift!) of the evening was my immediate family showing up from South Carolina to spend the weekend with me. Additionally, several youth pastors and their families came to celebrate too. I was blown away.

Saturday (December Uno), I spent the day with my family and that evening met my pastor and his wife, along with some friends from the church for dinner. It was very nice and I was so appreciative.

Cards, gifts, lots of love and good times for all. It was very special.

For some, they keep the party going. One youth pastor sends me an e-card EVERYDAY.

So... how was my 30th? Pretty darn good. Thanks!

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “Thirty. 30. Three-Zero.”

  1. # Blogger Unknown
Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com