(LOL) with Ben Arment

Life on Life is a new feature where I interview leaders from around the country who are doing this thing called LIFE. In this interview, Ben Arment, founder of The WhiteBoard Sessions and church planter, shares his life with us.


Me: What book(s) have most shaped you?
Ben: Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels, Aqua Church by Leonard Sweet, and Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala.

Me: You are a blogger. What have you learned through blogging? What do you enjoy about it?
Ben: I love encouraging other church planters. By sharing my difficult experiences, it actually strengthens other guys on the field. Also, I love connecting with other leaders throughout the country. I've been able to meet people I would have never known without blogging.

Me: Greatest life lesson?
Ben: I would say -- as a pastor, I need to surround myself with a godly group of men who will be my allies and watch my back.
Me: Greatest leadership lesson?
Ben: You have to love people before they'll let you lead them.

Me: Most embarassing moment from the platform?
Ben: I was sick with the flu, amped-up on DayQuil. The wooziness got to be a bit much for me, and I almost passed out. While listening to the recording of the sermon later on, I realized I hadn't said anything that made sense. I apparently don't communicate well when I'm taking medication. =)

Me: Where do you turn for inspiration (besides Christ Jesus of course)?
Ben: I turn to magazines! HOW, Fast Company, Wired, Live Design... I read magazines with a pen and write extensive notes to myself.

Me: Considering you are a church-planter, what is the most noteable advice you would provide other church planters with?
Ben: Don't plant a church without raising up a passionate core group of people to do it with you!

Me: What is the biggest lesson you've learned through your family?
Ben: My faults as a human being have been reflected back at me through my two boys. They copy everything I do... but mostly the bad stuff.

Me: What do you dislike most about ministry?
Ben: I'm not a natural shepherd, so I hate letting people down with how I respond to their needs. I try to empower the true shepherds in our church to carry out their gifts and compensate for me, but eventually, I let someone down.

Me: What do you like most about ministry?
Ben: I love reaching lost people for Christ and seeing their lives transform.

Me: Hobbies?
Ben: I read and blog, but I do need to get a hobby. Any suggestions?

Me: What is something that most people don't know about you?
Ben: I interned at the White House with Monica Lewinsky in 1995.


 You like this post? Subscribe here for more goodness.

For more on Ben Arment, click here. To register for The WhiteBoard Sessions, click here.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “(LOL) with Ben Arment”

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com