I'm a Complete Failure.

I have said those words in my head many times. I'm a complete failure. I've written the resignation letter... and was ready to hand it in. Then... ((gut check)) I begin to be reminded in my spirit of the changed lives I've seen. I'm committed for the long haul.

Alec Baldwin recently told a reporter:
"I don't have any interest in acting anymore. Movies are part of my past. It's been 30 years. I'm not young, but I have time to do something else.
It's a difficult thing to say, but I believe it: I consider my entire movie career a complete failure. I'll tell you why. The goal of moviemaking is to star in a film where your performance drives the film, and the film is either a soaring critical or commercial success, and I never had that."

Wha? This man is on a huge, award winning sitcom... has starred in numerous movies... and is set to co-host the upcoming Academy Awards with Steve Martin. Many actors would kill for that! But Baldwin is ready to throw in the towel in 2012.

Sometimes we don't realize the impact we make. We allow discouragement to set-in. And we consider our career a complete failure. I pray that today God reminds you, like He does with me, of your importance in the Kingdom. We need you for the long haul.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Responses to “I'm a Complete Failure.”

  1. # Blogger onecory

    Amazing read! Thanks for the encouragement, my brother!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey man...I enjoyed this post. It's a great reminder to us all that we do have a purpose and a specific plan for our lives. God created us to change lives and impact His kingdom, and He doesn't care whether or not we view ourselves as successful! Thanks for the post sir!

    - paulg  

  3. # Blogger Laura Paxton

    Thanks for the reminder! I needed that...even if the lives I'm impacting are all under the age of 10...well, and a couple of teens thrown in there.  

  4. # Anonymous Paul Wilson, Jr.

    Thanks for your post. His comments are a reminder that if we judge our efforts by society's standard of a "commercial success", but we fall short of God's standards, then we will be failures.  

  5. # Blogger Rob

    Let's be honest if the movie the Shadow was on your resume you'd feel the same way. I kid I kid. Great post Terrace.  

  6. # Blogger Brett Barner

    Wow, Alec really made me want to see "It's Complicated" now! lol

    Great reminder Terrance!  

  7. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    @All - thanks.

    //TC//  

  8. # Blogger Unknown

    Incredible. Most people would kill for Baldwin's success. The human heart is never satisfied. Apart from Christ, the greatest success still doesn't satisfy.

    Thanks for the reminder Terrace!

    TRAPPSTR  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com