Got Google Wave?

What the heck is all this hype about Google Wave? I'm still in the early stages of learning about this tool but I don't quite get the hype... yet.

The geek in me was very excited to be part of what is essentially a beta program. You know most of us love to be included in a beta or preview for just about anything simply to say we saw it or experienced it first. The same is true for the Google Wave. I had no idea what it was, what it was for, or why I need it. All I know is, when there are invitations sent out I wanna be on the list!

For those of you who have no clue about Google Wave, let’s get the official introductory quote out of the way:
"Google Wave is a product that helps users communicate and collaborate on the web. A “wave” is equal parts conversation and document, where users can almost instantly communicate and work together with richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more. Google Wave is also a platform with a rich set of open APIs that allow developers to embed waves in other web services and to build extensions that work inside waves."
In plain English: Wave is a new email/talk to each other right now/social/work thingy we can use to say we’re being productive.

I had no clue what I was seeing or doing. At first glimpse the window looks like a clean email screen. You’ve got your Navigation box on the left, Contact box underneath (everyone’s lovely profile pic displayed) and a middle window with your open inbox, yet this inbox has nothing to do with your gmail inbox? I was kind of at a loss. I already had gmail, which I couldn’t see here. I could already gchat, when in gmail. I thought, “How the in the world do I use this thing?!” I decided to watch the presentation video. Then it started to make a little more sense.


And, dear reader, I have 8 (count 'em - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) invitations left. Drop me an email or tweet me to secure yours. =)

RSS Subscribers: there is video [here]

Labels: , , ,

2 Responses to “Got Google Wave?”

  1. # Blogger James Laws

    We started a collaboration group of pastors using Google Wave. A few projects in and you begin to see it's power. We have 9 pastors involved so far and it's been a very cool experiment to discuss messages or whatever else might be on our minds.

    The power of it will be revealed with the right group of people.  

  2. # Anonymous @KerryBural

    Hey Terrace, we're checking it out now. Could resolve some communication issues for our ministry and church branding team.  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com