Heavenly Text Messages

I've been subscribed to a free text message service for a few years that constantly sends me scriptures to my cell phone. At one point I considered unsubscribing to the service. However, I soon changed my mind. One day I was speaking to a lady who was feeling hopeless. She was literally weeping as she chronicled the events in her life before me. Meanwhile, I was praying (in my head) for God to give me some word to tell her, because I had NO CLUE what to say.

Immediately I got a text message sent to my phone and said [to her], "excuse me for a moment, I need to get this." (Which, ordinarily is considered rude to do if someone is sharing with you.) I didn't anticipate this, but it was actually a scripture that was texted to me at that very moment. And yes, it was EXACTLY what she needed to hear. Awesome. And this kind of thing has happened all to often ever since.

If you've been following my journey recently, you know I've been going through rough waters. The spiritual experiences, though, have been just incredible. Let me share with you just a few highlights from just my text messages alone:

01/14/10: "Nothing can hinder the LORD from saving whether by many or by few." (1 Samuel 14:6) - this was sent to me on a day when I felt defeated and that the odds were stacked against me. This has since become one of my favorite scriptures. I say "nothing can hinder the Lord" to myself all the time now.

02/22/10: "Everything is possible for him who believes." (Mark 9:23) - I got this one on a day when unbelief had crept into my head and heart.

02/24/10: "Save me, O God, for the waters have come to my neck." (Psalm 69:1) - Just two days later I felt like I was drowning in the circumstances of life and the enemy had me convinced that no one understood what I was going through.

03/15/10: "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." (Psalm 94:19) - I had a confrontation with someone on this day and the entire situation is what I would describe as a complete joy-killer. I was preoccupied about the whole ordeal and God knew it.

03/20/10: "So keep your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me." (Acts 27:25) - I feel God has given me vision for some things to come; however, at times I've doubted his faithfulness - like on this particular day. That is, until I got this text.

God is Good. Keep txting me Jesus.

Side note:
Some youth groups and organizations I know use text messaging services to send out daily scriptures or alerts as well. I would highly recommend this one and this one to you as a resource. Tell them I sent you.


Labels: , , , ,

5 Responses to “Heavenly Text Messages”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    Great post, we use simply txt and love it. A young lady told me she deletes all her text messages except the scripture we send out.  

  2. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    Simply TXT = good people. That's encouraging about your service.

    //TC//  

  3. # Blogger Brian Miller

    nice. now if He could only text me my next step...smiles.  

  4. # Blogger Unknown

    This is nice. An year back, I had subscribed to a similar service. But I stopped getting messages after a month!  

  5. # Anonymous Jeff Seevers

    Dude...you are so spot on. I just got an email yesterday with a scripture that spoke to me at just the right time with just the right message. Love when that happens. Great post bro.  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com