Big Announcement

For months now many churches have had to cut expenses due to the economy. Our church is no different. We've curtailed spending in every way possible and have tried to maintain the level of ministry we had before but its been difficult. In fact, I've operated on zero budget since I walked in the door.

Though our church is growing, we are still falling short and have taken some pretty painful measures to help matters. In February our staff took paycuts. In April we said goodbye to our worship pastor. And now, my position is being cut to part-time status.

I'm literally hours away from feeling the financial burden of going from full-time to part-time. I share this news with you because my faith is being tested and honestly, I'd appreciate your prayers & support. I need it now more than ever.

I've spent countless hours seeking direction and I don't have one doubt God will provide for my needs, but in the words Mr. Schneebly from The School of Rock, "the legend of the rent is way hardcore."

To that end, I am accepting speaking and consulting engagements this summer to help relieve some of the burden (and do something I enjoy) as my schedule will allow and would appreciate any further prayers or financial support you might offer me during this difficult season.

If you'd like to offer a financial gift at this time, please feel free to use the donation link in the side-bar of my site (or see the address below). Otherwise, I'd welcome inquiries about speaking or consulting. Following are dates I'm currently accepting bookings for:

June 23-26:
June 30-03:
July 04-10::
Youth Camp Speaker, Goshen VA
July 14-17:
July 19-24:
Mission Camp, Philadelphia, PA
July 28-31:
August 04-07:

August 11-14:
August 25-28:

Thank you so much for your support. My faith has been tested more this year than ever before... and this is yet another round of it. I can't wait to see what God does!

For speaking or consulting inquiries, [email me]
To sign up for my personal newsletter, go [here]
Financial gifts or correspondence may be mailed to my attention: PO Box 2461, Yorktown, VA 23692
Thanks to all my friends who have tweeted or blogged about this.
Your support is invaluable.

Labels: , ,

21 Responses to “Big Announcement”

  1. # Blogger pandjalexander

    Prayers are going up for you from our house!  

  2. # Anonymous Anita Ryan

    My Prayers are with you guys. I wish I could help financially but we were just hit by the Nashville Flooding. Hang in there!  

  3. # Anonymous Tim Schmoyer

    Praying for ya, Terrace!  

  4. # Blogger Rob

    Def praying for ya bro  

  5. # Anonymous Ben Reed

    Praying for you bro.  

  6. # Anonymous Eric McFarland

    We are praying for you and I will let our friends know that you can speak at their events. Keep going strong and know that we, and many others, are praying.  

  7. # Blogger Yumefulfilled

    Prayer sent up indeed!  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm praying right now that God would replace your lost income with a tenfold increase.  

  9. # Anonymous Jason Curlee

    Praying for ya buddy...I went through the ringer like that two years ago.  

  10. # Anonymous Brad Ruggles

    Dude, I will definitely be praying for you during this time. I wish there was more that I could do financially to help but with our church plant we're pretty strapped too. But be assured that I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers buddy.  

  11. # Blogger cmr_laura

    There's no obstacle too great that God can't use it or move it. Praying.  

  12. # Anonymous alejandro reyes

    praying my brother  

  13. # Anonymous Rhonda Hendrix

    Brother, please know I am praying for you. I am a friend of Josh Stitcher's and your sister in Christ.  

  14. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    @Anita - Still praying for Nashville!
    --
    @ALL - thank you so much for your prayers and support.

    //TC//  

  15. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey, sometimes God does things we dont understand,but he knows what he is doing, all we need too do is trust and belive that he is incontrol of our lifes, we all know when God closes a door he always opens a window, im sure something big will come out of this move,hang in there,something is about too happen. wish i could be there when he makes his move for you, post it when it happens so we all will know.  

  16. # Anonymous Melissa

    I think your faith is very admirable. I cannot imagine how you feel, but I do know that God smiles upon those who walk alongside HIm, even when they are unsure of what will come next. Your story is definately serving as a testimony for others who are feeling the blow of the downward financial market. My family has also been hit very hard this year by the economy, but even through the times that there seemed comeplete darkness, there was always the glimmmer of God's hope and knowing that He never will put us in a situation we cannot handle. Keep praying for peace and I will also be praying for you!
    zetify.com  

  17. # Blogger Art Good

    Been there. Done that. Had to get another job. Get out the want ads and a sharpie and go to it! God will provide you the means to keep a roof over your house and food on your table! He's faithful!  

  18. # Anonymous Mark Cox

    You know this, but we're still praying for ya. Keep doing what you're doing man.  

  19. # Anonymous Paul Turner

    Gotcha covered man! Been there before.  

  20. # Anonymous Joshua Skogerboe

    Brother. I know exactly where you are - I'm walking through this right now with you. We've gone through a handful of pay cuts in the last year and a half, and in January catt all 8 of our part time staff. Now as of July 1, I'll be ha;f time, and then switch to 1/4 time in January 11. We don't have the answers. Financially, it's a big question mark. But we have bedrock faith in God to love and care for us. For me, it has led to a decision to enter seminary full time this fall. I'll be praying for you - for peace and provision. And DIRECTION, because God uses life circumstances to guide us, too. Bless you brother. I'm on your prayer team today.  

  21. # Anonymous pure cotton razai

    Though our church is growing, we are still falling short and have taken some pretty painful measures to help matters. In February our staff took paycuts. In April we said goodbye to our worship pastor. And now, my position is being cut to part-time status.
    gul ahmed lawn suits wholesale ,
    gul ahmed lawn collection wholesale ,
     

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com