The 3 Best Gifts Senior Pastors Can Give Their Youth Pastors

I saw this post on my friend Josh Griffin's blog wanted to share. I totally "ditto" these three.
I was asked by a friend recently what three gifts any youth pastor would want from their senior pastor. First of all, I thought "Huh? I just had Christmas and a birthday and I didn't get ANYTHING from Pastor Rick." Then I remembered that I didn't get him anything either, or have any idea when his birthday was in the first place. Yikes."

After that little rabbit trail, I thought about how good of a question it was, and that I should blog about my responses and ask you to weigh in as well. If my senior pastor could give me 3 things (and it wasn't something like an iPad, because I'd gladly like that, too) I would want these:

TRUST
More than anything else, I want to be given the leadership of the ministry. I want to be trusted with the vision and the decisions of the ministry. I want a senior pastor who believes in me and trusts me to follow God's Spirit and his\her leadership in accomplishing that vision.

LOYALTY
Loyalty equals longevity. If you want me to stay in the trenches for the long run, stick with me. I'll probably need your defense (hey, I'm a youth worker) and covet your partnership and friendship in the heat of the spiritual battle. A quick way to run a youth pastor out of town is to be disloyal.

BUDGET
I hesitate to put this one on the list - but it is a HUGE gift to be well-taken care of as a pastor\family and a HUGE gift to have money for scholarships and programming. I put it last for a reason, but also included it for a reason, too. Take care of your people and they will take care of your people.


Labels: , , ,

0 Responses to “The 3 Best Gifts Senior Pastors Can Give Their Youth Pastors”

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com