Can You Help Me Name This Bible Challenge?

Earlier this year we challenged our students in a number of ways to get them reading the scriptures. Two of my favorite challenges: the B90X challenge and the 30 Day Bible Challenge. Those were not original ideas, but I loved them... and they worked well. We saw many students rise to the challenge to read the scriptures.

Now I've come up with what I think is great (original) idea that will continue to challenge students to get in the Word this new year... but I'm having some trouble coming up with a fitting name for it. This is where you come in. I want you to help me name\theme it.

One of the things that people say prevents them from reading the Bible is time ("not enough time" or even "remembering to take time" to do it). I came up with an idea that helps take those excuses way. This idea, I believe, will help students to take a little time (at least a moment or two) to read the scriptures and will also help keep them accountable to do it. I even added some competition to the idea, which I love (because, yes, I am a bit competitive).

Here's the idea:

I would like to challenge students to READ one (at least ONE) scripture each day for 30 days. After they read a scripture that they find meaningful to them (and hopefully meditate on it a bit), they will be asked to TEXT that scripture in to our student ministry (a number we'll provide them with). Here's the thing though... (and where it really becomes even more of a challenge), if they miss a day they have to start ALL over!

So, now that you know my idea, what are your thoughts? Can you help me come up with a fitting name for this challenge? Leave your ideas in the comments field!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Responses to “Can You Help Me Name This Bible Challenge?”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    What about Text2Txt?

    Taking the biblical text and ranferring it to a cellular txt.  

  2. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    Very nice.

    //TC//  

  3. # Anonymous Jonathan Davis

    That's a great challenge Terrace! My thought for the name is to combine a LOT of popular shows and contests into one unbearably long name...

    The Ulitmate-30-Day-P90-Biggest Texter-Amazing-God-Race-Of-The-Century-X Factor-Challenge-Survivor-Thingy

    It's a mouthful, but it would make for a great promo video or t-shirt. :-)  

  4. # Blogger Tracy

    Txt-to-30. Which means you keep txting until you hit 30 consecutive days  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com