Non-Twitterers

I spent some time with my friend ChurchyDave on Friday and we talked twitter. He told me about something he learned through a recent webinar he participated in. The instructor told the participants that non-twitter users can actually follow you via text. For the Joe or Jane Smith who doesn't care to setup an account they can easily follow your twitter via text by simply texting the following from their mobile phone:

text: followterracecrawford to: 40404


(obviously they should use your twitter name instead of mine, but you could recommend they follow me too. :-)

I tested it out and it works!

Labels: , , ,

6 Responses to “Non-Twitterers”

  1. # Blogger gavin richardson

    i fear for the parent or friend who gets a text every time i make a tweet.

    that last part of the sentence makes me chuckle.  

  2. # Blogger swITCHFUTgUY

    i believe you need a space after follow *username  

  3. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    @switchfutguy - No, you do not need a space. It actually works with a space or without. I tested it both ways & both works fine. I prefer it without spaces. ;=)

    /TC/  

  4. # Blogger Jathaniel

    This great too in that you can use it as a txt message system for a large group. We use Twitter for our youth group's txt message system...but there isn't any random tweeting going on b/c people would quit following and it would defeat the purpose.  

  5. # Blogger Unknown

    Wondering if this is still true - do you know? I had someone try it recently and it didn't seem to work but wasn't able to check for user error.  

  6. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    @Marci - Yep, to my knowledge it works. If u do it correctly twitter will text you back and ask for your name.

    //TC//  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com