Leaders Under Fire!

My phone rang this morning. It was actually a text I had received. "Have you heard the news about..." My first words were, "Oh no."

More and more it's happening. Leaders are under fire.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is really under fire... but the enemy goes after the leaders first. His plot is to take them down and cause a ripple effect.

Two youth pastors that I know by name are facing prison charges this week. Both of them made very stupid mistakes. But I'm sure they weren't in the right frame of mind. The enemy makes you compromise one step at a time... and pretty soon you are like a fish that takes the hook - line - sinker. It's got to feel [to them] like they were completely blindsided. I'm sure that's the way those around them feel also.

I'm very saddened (and discouraged) today by all of this and very burdened for those that are hurting as a result. I believe we are on a team here... and the team just suffered a big loss. Yes, I know who takes the victory in the end but it doesn't make this any easier.

We need a word.
Be on your guard leaders. We are commanded to do this.

I just read this for myself ...

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." (1 Peter 5:7-9)

... and then I read it in [the Message] and got fired up. oh yes I did.

"Keep a cool head. Stay alert. The devil is poised to pounce and would like nothing better than to catch you napping. Keep your guard up! You're not the only one plunged into these hard times. It's the same with Christians all over the world. So keep a firm grip on your faith. The suffering won't last forever. It won't be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ - eternal and glorious plans they are! - will have you put together and on your feet for good. He gets the last word; yes, he does!"

I needed that. I needed to reload. Scripture is the ammo.
Stop napping! Make sure you reload! Keep your guard up! We are under fire!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Responses to “Leaders Under Fire!”

  1. # Anonymous Jerry Varner

    Hey man,
    So true. I've got recent and personal pain in my life from a fallen colleague.

    Satan sucks, but he's really good at what he does.

    Good writing.
    Keep it up, bro.
    Jerry  

  2. # Blogger Santos Samayoa aka SantZ, Chato...hey it's still me

    Thanks for the heads up and for refueling this charge against the devil. We truly are 1 team. Great to be alongside a man of God like yourself.  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com