The Book of Eli

A few days ago I saw The Book of Eli in theaters. This is one of the best films I've seen in years! Here's a quick synopsis: Eli (Denzel Washington) has been on a journey for 30 years walking westward after a cataclysmic war and "the big Flash" turned the world into a wasteland. Eli has in his possession the only remaining copy of "the Book" and must protect it and ultimately deliver it to its final destination. This story is about Eli's journey -- and the Book that he believes that is humanity's only hope for its future.

This movie had everything in it - original storyline, likeable characters, action... and delivered one of the best spiritual messages I've seen in a secular film since the Passion of the Christ. The story holds the Bible in high regard - with constant mentions of its power and ability to change people. With that, I highly recommend you see this movie! (The movie is (R) - for violence - and would not be suitable for young viewers.)

Labels:

2 Responses to “The Book of Eli”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This sounds like an interesting movie with a good message. And I like Denzel Washington. I don't think I've ever seen him with a beard. We went to see Avatar tonight...in 3D. It had great special effects.
    Thanks for stopping by my place and it's nice to meet you : )  

  2. # Anonymous @mandoron

    I was really looking forward to it, but I was kind of indifferent about it in the end... Didn't love it; didn't hate it.  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com