Help Me Understand This...

Yesterday I saw people tweeting this:

4 8 15 16 23 42

I thought... "Hmm, I don't know. If I played the lottery I don't think I'd use number 15. Not that there's anything wrong with number 15... I just wouldn't play that number."

I didn't know until today what these numbers stood for. Do you?

I could have found out last night, but I couldn't seem to get anyone on the phone.

... and dare I touch this craze?

When I sign-on to Facebook I see people swapping cows, chickens & sheep. It's funny to me. Perhaps one day I'll buy the farm. I have to get a car first though.

Labels: , , ,

15 Responses to “Help Me Understand This...”

  1. # Blogger Adam

    I take it you're not obsessed w/ Lost?  

  2. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    @Adam - Nope. I'm not. Around Season 3 I had the desire to get into it, but since I had missed the first two seasons I didn't jump on-board. So yea, I'm not into it. Ha.

    //TC//  

  3. # Anonymous Chris Burke

    I think Lost is lame.. I've only watched a few episodes.. but it comes off as lame to me.. how the heck can you be lost for 5 seasons? SERIOUSLY.. someone give them a map, or a GPS.. the reason Lost has gone on so long is clearly because the guys dont want to pull over and ask for directions...

    Farmville is even more lame than Lost.. the main people on my facebook list that use it, are mothers.. who sit home all day.. "taking care of the kids" aka.. trading cows and crap...  

  4. # Blogger scott

    I missed all of last season of LOST but still have it on Tivo...is it worth getting caught up on in your opinion? S.  

  5. # Anonymous Tim Schmoyer

    You guys are seriously missing out. If you start back at season 1 and watch through, you will see how it is easily the best storytelling since the Bible.  

  6. # Anonymous Mark Cox

    Terrace, I'm a LOST fan, and here's why: it's about more than just the island. The hook of the show is being stranded on the island, but it's not even close to being about being stranded on an island waiting for help or trying to get back. There's a strong element of wanting to get back, but the plot and character development are the best I've seen in a TV show or movie in a long time. That's just my humble opinion. It is, in fact, my favorite TV show in the history of TV shows (and I love 24, The Office, and Seinfeld, which I consider to be awesome).

    My wife and I didn't start watching until the 3rd season was on. A friend lent us the season 1 dvd's and we watched them pretty quickly.

    So here's the deal, every single episode for the entirety of the show is available to watch for free on ABC.com. For a guy who reads your spiritual thoughts, I'd be interested to see what you thought about the parallels to the Bible and life in general.

    Quick Hint: A major Biblical parallel has been introduced (in my humble opinion) last night.

    There's my two cents.
    Longest blog comment ever.  

  7. # Blogger Brett Barner

    I love love LOST. You're missing out, but you do have to watch every episode. FarmVille - meh. I tried it, loved it, then didn't. When I need to waste time, I go to http://peopleofwalmart.com or http://lamebook.com  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    TC-I agree with Mark. "A major Biblical parallel was introduced in last night's episode - And lost does make me feel lost for most of the time I am watching it, however, there are those "ah ah" moments. It is not a show that is easily entered into in the middle. You have to see it from it's beginning to fully understand and appreciate the stories. It's like a roller coaster that you don't know where it will end, but you can't get off. At some point this roller coaster will end and all Lost fans will be like....WOW!

    My first ever blog! (smile)  

  9. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

    @Tim - WOW. best storytelling since the bible? I'm now trying to discern if there is a hint of sarcasm in your comment.
    --
    @Annonymous - Dear Mr or Mrs. Annonymous person, I love you... but I never understand why you people don't leave your names.

    //TC//  

  10. # Anonymous Jason Curlee

    Seriously Lost fan here....and no I don't need a map...  

  11. # Blogger Brian Miller

    lol. its a craze...drop by in a bit for your TT post...  

  12. # Blogger Rob

    Lost is great TV. You should def borrow Season 1 from someone and watch it. Great storytelling.  

  13. # Blogger Unknown

    Lost is THE best show on television. You're missing out.

    And Farmville is a stupid-head.  

  14. # Blogger G-Man

    Terrace...
    Thanks for visiting today.
    You should try doing a 55 next week.
    It;s fun, challenging, and creative.
    Red Skelton was Americas most beautiful Clown.
    Always brilliant...NEVER Vulger!
    Galen  

  15. # Blogger tavolini

    Lost and Farmville--two things I am completely ignorant about! My running group loves Lost, though. I might have to just watch it all on netflix so I can keep up with the conversations ;)

    Thanks for commenting on my blog!  

Post a Comment


 Subscribe to RSS
Add to Technorati Favorites


Categories




My Next Stops...








       Subscribe to my RSS Feed


      Powered by Blogger



      © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com